share savings accounts
Opening a PAHO/WHO Federal Credit Union Savings Account makes you a member of the credit union. A deposit of $5 is all it takes to open your account. As long as you maintain a balance of $5 or more, you'll earn dividends. Dividends are calculated on the average daily balance and paid monthly.
Opening Your Account in Person
If you open your account in person, be sure to bring:
- Government-issued photo ID (to comply with the USA PATRIOT Act).
- Proof of eligibility in the form of a copy of your PAHO contract, PAHO staff number and a copy of your passport or ID card from your country. If you're eligible for membership through a family member, please have your sponsoring family member complete a family eligibility card and bring it with you when you open the account.
- A check for at least $5 (or that much cash).
Opening Your Account by Mail
Print out and complete the membership application. (Be sure to sign it.) If you don't have a printer, call us at (202) 974-3453 or (866) 724-6328, fax us at (202) 659-4513 or e-mail us and we'll send you an application. If you're in a PAHO Field Office, you can obtain an application (which you can then return by pouch) by contacting the credit union representative in your office or e-mailing us.
- Your application
- IRS Form W-8BEN - if you are not a U.S. citizen or resident alien
- A copy of government-issued photo ID
- Proof of your eligibility (see "Opening Your Account in Person")
- A check for at least $5
- See our current rates.
- See our current fee schedule.
- See our disclosures and other account information.