Who can Join
Click here for an application
The field of membership of PAHO/WHO Federal Credit Union shall be limited to those having the following common bond:
- Employees of the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization in the Western Hemisphere
- Contractors and employees of contractors who work regularly under contract for the Pan American Health Organization or the World Health Organization in the Western Hemisphere
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Employees of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners from the above employment
- Members of their immediate families
- Organizations of such persons
Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
*Please contact us for the most recent eligibility requirements.
How to Join
To join PAHO/WHO Federal Credit Union, all you need to do is to open a share account. If you do it in person, be sure to bring:
Government-issued photo ID (to comply with the USA PATRIOT Act).
Proof of eligibility in the form of a copy of your PAHO contract, PAHO staff number and a copy of your passport or ID from your country. If you're eligible for membership through a family member, please have your sponsoring family member complete a family eligibility card and bring it with you when you open the account.
A check for at least $5 (or that much cash) to meet the minimum balance requirement for the share account.
If you like, print out and complete the membership application ahead of time and bring it too.
Print out and complete the membership application. (Be sure to sign it.) If you don't have a printer, call us at (202) 974-3453 or (866) 724-6328, fax us at (202) 659-4513 or e-mail us and we'll send you an application. If you're in a PAHO Field Office, you can obtain an application (which you can then return by pouch) by contacting the credit union representative in your office or e-mailing us.
*Information sent by email is at risk of loss of confidentiality if the information is transmitted over the internet.
1. Your application
2. IRS Form W-8BEN - if you are not a U.S. citizen or resident alien
3. A copy of government-issued photo ID (to comply with the USA PATRIOT Act)
4. Proof of your eligibility (see "In Person")
5. A check for at least $5 to meet the minimum balance requirement for the share account