Buying a home in the U.S. can seem complicated, especially if you don't have a credit history. Our mortgage team is here to help you navigate the entire process from start to finish. We’ll even come to your closing.
While the health and wellbeing of the world relies on your expertise and dedication, you can rely on us for your financial needs – including home loans. From the start, our mortgage loan team will meet with you to discuss your options and goals, and help you make a plan for buying and owning a home.
1. Share Your Dreams: You’ll find out how much home you can afford. The Pre-approval letter is essentially your home buying budget.
2. Explore Your Options: You’ll see how different mortgage options can help you qualify based on your unique needs. Options include a lower down payment, the opportunity to pay less points, a 5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) that only adjusts every 5 years over the life of the loan unlike the standard 5/1 ARM, and a 15/15 Home Loan with the longest fixed term of any ARM out there (15 years) and only one rate adjustment over the entire life of the loan. Plus, we have a first-time homebuyer program with a 3% down payment and a $750 credit at closing*.
3. Start Shopping: Our team will encourage you to use HomeAdvantage™, where you’ll meet a qualified agent who knows the area where you want to buy a home. Plus, HomeAdvantage™ helps you earn a rebate1, whether you're buying or selling.
4. Understand the Costs: We'll walk you through all of the costs of the home, including taxes and other fees found in the formal loan disclosure.
5. Close Your Loan: Once all the paperwork is in and approved, you’ll schedule the closing. This is where you’ll sign all the loan documents and make your down payment. A Credit Union representative will be at your closing (in the Washington DC metro area) to ensure everything goes smoothly. Our team will do everything they can to get every loan processed and closed in 30 days or less. Up to 45 days with some refinance loans.
6. Get your keys and move into your new home!
7. Have questions? Our team will be here to answer your questions and put you at ease for years to come.
Uniquely Qualified Because We Know You
We’re with you every step of the way, from the initial consultation to the closing. Call 202.974.3453 send or stop by our Columbia Plaza office at 506 23rd Street NW, Washington, DC to chat with our team today.
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator
1Member rebates are calculated by multiplying the real estate agent’s commission on the sale price of the home by 20%. For example, if you are purchasing or selling a home for $400,000 and use an approved agent from the HomeAdvantage network, then your rebate* would be $2,400 (example based on the assumption that the agent earned a 3% commission). The HomeAdvantage program is made available to you through a relationship between your credit union and CU Realty Services. Program rebates are awarded by CU Realty Services to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage network of approved realtors. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for the rebate if they use an agent outside this network. Using your credit union for a mortgage is not a requirement to earn a rebate. Rebate amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the agent. Your credit union may have specific rules on how your rebate will be paid out. Rebate incentives are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by the lender. Please consult PAHO/WHO FCU lending staff to get details that may affect you. Restrictions may apply. The credit union has the right to terminate this service at any time.